American Foregut Society Committees
We have developed a few working groups to help define the course of the AFS and the committees that serve it. Keep in mind our mission: To help guide both the diagnosis and management of Foregut disease through collaboration between Gastroenterologists and Foregut Surgeons. To foster research that will culminate in the development of benchmarks for excellence while also establishing specialty-specific training programs that will ultimately translate into the improved care, safety and value for patients with Foregut diseases.
Please consider the time that will be needed to participate actively in committees before volunteering. Active participation by all involved and active membership will be critical in the initial stages of committee formation and execution.
If you are interested in participating, please contact us.
Board Liaison: Dan Lister MD
Committee Co-Chairs: Raman Muthusamy MD, Paresh Shah MD
Board Liaison: Santiago Horgan MD, Rena Yadlapati MD
Committee Co-Chairs: John Clarke MD, Ninh Nguyen MD
- Website project: Ken Wang MD, Collin Brathwaite MD
- Guideline Creation for Center of Excellence: Shaun Daly MD, Tanuja Damani MD, Priya Kathpalia MD
- Guideline Creation for TIF: Mike Tran MD, Olaya Brewer Gutierrez MD
- Disease Focused Bi-Monthly Webinar: Steve Siegal MD, Kirsten Newhams MD, Subhash Chandra MD
- Telementoring/teleobservation: Prakash Gatta MD, Victoria Howard PA, Gopal Grandhige MD
- AFS think tank: Prakash Gatta MD, Yong Choi MD, Reza Hejazi MD
- Bariatrics Committee: Leena Khaitan MD Barham Abu-Dayyeh MD
- Robotics Committee: Dmitry Oleynikov MD, co-chairs Santiago Horgan MD, Caitlin Houghton MD, Prakash Gatta MD
Board Liaison: Christy Dunst MD, Felice Schnoll-Sussman MD
Committee Co-Chairs: Prakash Gyawali MD, Mike Awad MD
- Program Committee Felice Schnoll – Sussman MD, Tom Watson MD
- Fellowship Training Committee Christy Dunst MD – Committee has been hard at work getting foregut recognized as a specialty and developing a formal Foregut Fellowship
- Professional Education – The Board would like an additional committee focusing on professional education: Potential programs: online CME, online non CME, videos, mentoring programs, leadership programs, webinars, tutorials……
Board Liaison: Phil Katz MD, Tripp Buckley MD
Committee Co-Chairs: Rita Knotts MD, Peter Janu MD
DocMatter Launched- we have transitioned the Facebook Collaboration to DocMatter. This is a benefit for our members- post your most intriguing questions to the leaders in the field and receive feedback from the experts.
Foregut, The Journal of the American Foregut Society will launch Q2 of 2021. Members will have free access.
Board Liaison: Reg Bell MD
Committee Co-Chairs: Eric Hungness MD, GI Chair- Reza Hejazi MD
- Journal Brian Louie MD Phil Katz MD
We anticipate Foregut, the Journal of the American Foregut Society, to be up and going second quarter 2021
- CQI Reg Bell MD
We are developing a CQI database to track outcomes. More to come
Please consider the time that will be needed to participate actively in committees before volunteering. Active participation by all involved will be critical in the initial stages of committee formation and execution.